Could Your Shoes Be Causing Gout?
Here's a piece of health advice for those who suffer gout: take note of what shoes you are wearing. A new study shows that wearing poor footwear is common among gout patients and leads directly to more pain and greater disability.
According to the new examine, gout patients who make poor footwear choices experienced higher foot-related discomfort, impairment and also disability. Gout patients also reported that comfort, fit, support and cost were the most important factors for selecting footwear.
Gout is a type of inflammatory arthritis caused by the crystallization of uric acid within the joints and other tissues. It leads to extreme pain and inflammation, along with the majority of cases affecting the feet -- particularly the big toe. A study published last month showed that doctor-diagnosed gout has gone up over the past 20 years and now affects 8.3 million people in the U.S. Also, older studies have shown that gout contributes to changes in individuals gait (in order in order to avoid pain) and thus sets the stage for reduced foot function.
7 List Of Foods That Are High In Uric Acid
Read More Information Here: http://www.findhomeremedy.com/list-of-foods-that-are-high-in-uric-acid/
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains soothing herbal ingredients created to support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol consists of only the best quality botanical ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to deliver the best results. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this unique gout formula. Minimizing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been shown to relieve the flare-ups associated with gout.
Learn More about This Product »
Here, New Zealand researchers recruited 50 patients with a history of gout and looked at each case, overall function, foot disadvantages, and disability. They assessed what footwear the patients had and why they chose it.
- They discovered that gout patients often wore improper footwear and experienced moderate to severe foot pain, impairment and disability.
- Roughly 56% of patients made good footwear choices by wearing walking shoes, sports sneakers, or perhaps oxfords.
- These are more apt to provide pain relief and not make patients walk funny.
- Of the remaining patients, 42% used footwear that was considered poor.
- Such as sandals, flip-flops, slippers, or even moccasins.
- Poor footwear lacks support, has improper cushioning, will be less stable, and has less motion control.
- Those gout patients who wore poor shoes or sandals reported higher foot-related impairment and disability.
- More than half of all participants wore shoes that were 12 months or older and showed excessive wear patterns.
- Basically, the idea here is that if you have gout or are at risk of it, you should make sure you have good shoes that are stable and well-cushioned.
- Also, it's a good idea to replace shoes once they become less able to fulfill these qualities.
- After all, you don't want to stop doing physical activity.