Fighting Gout With Diet
The extremely painful condition called gout is caused by the sufferer's blood having too high a level of uric acids. Uric acid is a waste product that results from the breakdown of purines. Purines are naturally occurring ingredients found in the body, plus in several types of food.
- The past, a very strict dietary regiment was an essential part of treating gout.
- With the progression of gout medications, those dietary regiments are no longer as rigid as they once were.
- While the development of new drugs to treat gout is welcome news, there is a downside.
- Many of the drugs prescribed for treating gout have potentially harmful side-effects.
- Because of this some gout sufferers see dietary alterations as the preferred way of avoiding gout flare-ups.
The basic dietary approach to keeping gout in order is to prevent foods that are high in purines. These food types include: organ meat such as, brain, liver, kidney, and sweetbread; seafood just like, anchovies, mackerel, scallops, mussels, and herring; as well as peas, beans, and yeast. Other meat, fish as well as poultry have lesser amounts of purines and can be eaten in moderation. Let your body function as the judge.
Here are Some Other Ways that You can Naturally Lower Your Risk of Gout.
It's best to avoid alcohol altogether, but if you should drink then do so in moderation, or perhaps only on special occasions. The reason alcohol is a no-no to the gout sufferer is that it increases the risk of hyperuricemia (an abnormally high level of uric acid in the blood), by slowing the natural removal process of uric chemicals from the body. If you are experiencing a gout attack after that alcohol consumption must be completely avoided. There are no exceptions!
- Drink plenty of fluids to flush the system of uric acids.
- Aim for around 2 liters of water a day, more if you're into training, have a physically demanding job, or are a larger individual.
How to Cure Gout in 24 hours Naturally
http://draxe.com/ In this video, I'm going to share with you my top 6 home remedies for gout. Gout is caused by uric acid build up in the body. First I want to go ...
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Being overweight puts added stress on your own joints thus increasing the possibility of gout.
You are Overweight the Very Last Thing You'll Want to Do is to Go on a Crash Diet
Rapid weight loss enhances the levels of uric acid in the blood. It is best to take the weight off in a slowly, methodical fashion. You will also want to prevent those low carb diets. Consuming a lot of fat and protein can increase your chances of developing hyperuricemia.
- Eating foods that are low in purines will help keep the gout under control.
- In order to help you get started, here is a list of foods which are decreased purines.
Breakfast - Cereals and breads, oatmeal, eggs, low-fat cheese, fruits, fruit drinks, peanut butter, whole milk, tea, and coffee.
Lunch - Nuts, Pasta, Macaroni, Soups, Low-Fat Cheeses, and Broths.
Dinner - Pasta, macaroni, breads and cereals, eggs, vegetables, low-fat cheeses, and soups.
You can Find a Lot More Gout Eating Habits Dos and Don'ts on the Net.
Your body can handle this, it is possible to augment your diet with some foods that have moderate levels of purines. These foods include, beef, pork, lamb, turkey, cauliflower and spinach. It can be actually okay to eat the periodic high purine food item, assuming that you're not in the midst of a gout flare-up. Let your body be the judge.
For more info on gout and all matters of pain management visit: http://www.painmanageit.com.