Folk Remedies for Gout - Remembering Grandmas Way!
You or someone you love suffers from painful bouts with gout it might be time for you to change to another method for dealing with the discomfort. Folk remedies for gout are a great way for you to subside the discomfort and alleviate the pain the way Grandma used to.
As you likely already know, gout is a condition that is generally cased by eating foods that are high in purines. This condition has been around for some time, little one we had the advancements in medical technology that we have now. Back in the 'old days' when our grandparents and mom and dad would have to walk to school in the snow up hill both ways without shoes or boots on their feet, they would use household items to treat common ailments.
For a while, most gout sufferers preferred in order to use the advancements in medicine to treat their symptoms, nonetheless there has been a drastic change in perspective lately. Lots of people are opting for Grandma's method rather. It seems many individuals are realizing how dangerous some medications actually can be and are not willing to take the risk.
- Try some of these folk remedies the next time you are feeling the pain from gout.
- In the end, what do you really have to lose, the pain?
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...
Grandma Would Tell You If Something is Inflamed and Inflamed, Add Some Ice
You should do the same if the gout has cause puffiness in your joints. Apply the ice for 15 minutes and then take it off. It is possible to reapply the ice again after you have continued to wait about 8-10 minutes. Continue to do this until the puffiness comes down and the pain decreases.
Get Those Joints in Motion
Think of exactly what good ol' Grandma would say... 'Walk it off!'. Do just that, exercise the area as much as you can. Although there may be some discomfort you should continue to move the shared so the joints will become lubricated and reduce the chances of the uric acids crystallizing and lodging on the joints.
- Do you remember what was in your Grandmother's bathroom closet?
- A box of Epsom's salt.
- This is one of the old time remedies that were used for almost everything.
- Soak the area that is bothering you in a tub of warm water with a handful of teaspoons of Epsom's salt.
- Fresh strawberries are a different one of Grandma's favorite remedies.
- The strawberries are a great way for you to be able to reduce the effects of the uric acid in your body.
- Grandma would also pump you full of cherries and fresh cherry juice to get rid of your gout pain.
- The cherries and cherry juice will help your body in order to minimize the levels of uric acid within that.
As you can see, not only are the old folk remedies for gout great but your Grandma just might have been one of the best doctor's you ever met! We all know how wise our grandparents are, but who would have guessed they could be considered this smart, in order to be able to get rid of discomfort without all of the elegant medication doctors often prescribe nowadays.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of natural remedies and gout treatment. Find out how you can get rid of your gout for good using proven home remedies, all without using harmful medications or drugs. Visit their site now at http://www.goutremoval.com.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.