Gout Disease and Natural remedies for Gout Treatment
For people with gout the uric acid level in the blood is so high that uric acid crystals form and put in joints along with other tissues. This makes the combined coating to become inflamed, resultant in sudden and severe attacks of pain, softness, redness and warmth. Either way, gout treatment options may include medication to lower the uric acid level or a special gout diet to be able to decrease the amount of purine ingested.
Symptoms of Gout: -
- Consumption of Fish.
- Lack of sleep.
- Sedentary work
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger's free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO ...
Causes of Gout:
Gout is due to high levels of uric acid that crystallize and form painful deposits in the joints. Traditional thinking tells us that gout is the result of excessive amounts of alcohol, protein, heavy foods, coffee and soft drinks in your diet. These foods cause uric acid levels to go up. Other foods that increase uric acid tend to be anchovies, asparagus, legumes, mushrooms, meat, organ meat, and also shellfish. Reduction in consumption of these foods is very often successful in reducing or eliminating gout.
Natural Treatments for Gout: -
Alternative therapies are popular among people with gout. Nevertheless, if they are used, they should complement and not change conventional care. There is very little evidence right now that shows alternative therapies are effective for gout. Here are a few natural remedies that are commonly used.
- Drinking a lot of water, six or more glasses a day, will help the body to excrete more uric acid.
- Water also decreases the chances of getting kidney stones.
Maintaining a proper weight and getting regular exercise cuts down on danger and severity of gout assaults.
- Avoid foods with high levels of purines.
- As we mentioned before, foods with high purine amounts consist of shellfish, alcohol, organ meat, creamy sauces, dried peas, etc.
- Having sex prevents men from getting gout.
- Any difficulty increased sexual activity reduces uric acid levels in fertile men.
Eating generous amounts of other fruits and vegetables helps keep uric acid crystals in solution.
Eat Foods High in Potassium, as Mentioned Above.
Foods known to reduce the occurrence of gout include: dairy, foods high in potassium, african american cherry juice, blueberries and lemon juice.
- Immediately treating gout will not allow it to become worse.
- All of us will now go over treatment, and also natural remedies for gout in more detail.
- Take the particular falconoid quercetin - see below under Folk Remedies.
- This should be part of your permanent gout-prevention diet.