How is Gout Diagnosed? - The 4 Diagnosis Procedures
You even think there is a chance you have gout, it is crucial to your future health that you will get a proper diagnosis early on so you can learn to be able to control your gout signs and symptoms.
There are 4 Diagnosis Procedures to Help Decide If You Have the Disease...
- Physical exam is necessary in order to diagnose gout.
- Your medical history and your families medical history needs to be evaluated, as well.
The indications of gout are red and shiny skin on the affected area, which is caused by tophi below the skin.
Blood test can determine the levels of uric acid present in the particular blood; however, this is not a foolproof way for a good diagnosis. The reason for this is if the patient is in a gout attack, the uric acid amounts can register in a normal range.
However, high uric acid levels do not necessarily mean there is a presence of gout in the body.
X-rays should be taken. They can help to determine whether or not there are tophi crystals close to joints and under the skin. Nonetheless, even x-rays will often show the joints to be normal.
This is a more reliable procedure for a proper diagnosis.
- The procedure consists of drawing a sample of synovial fluid, with a syringe and needle, from the affected joint.
- A microscope is then used to analyze the fluid.
There is a presence of monosodium urate (MSU) crystals in the fluid it will mean there is a presence of gout.
Are an Individual or Someone You Care about Suffering from Gout?
Discover more information about Gout And Minimizing Gout Symptoms at All About Gout at http://www.squidoo.com/all-about-gout.
- Are you making the right choices for your health issues.
- Debbie has been researching natural health care treatments and remedies.
- In doing so, she has created relationships with certain experts and in promoting many may receive compensation.
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...