Knockout Knee Pain
You may first feel it when attempting to bend down to pick a fallen item or it could be you experience it as morning stiffness that you feel when you first get up out of bed. But whenever it hits you knee pain will undoubtedly get your attention.
The Good News about Knee Pain is that It Responds Well to Self Care Measures.
There are a number of things that can put you at risk for knee discomfort. Some of them are:
- Overweight: If you weigh more than you should, you put more stress and pressure on your knee joints.
- As time passes this particular excess pressure can cause pain.
- Overuse: An inflammatory response can occur when a repetitive activity, causes a muscle to have fatigued.
- This inflammatory response can damage surrounding tissue.
- This can be further compounded when you don't give the knee enough time to fully recover thereby making it at risk of re-injury.
- Lack of muscle strength: Experts site lack of strength and flexibility as the leading cause of knee injury and pain.
- Weak or tight muscles give less support for the knee joint.
Mechanical problems: Having misaligned knees, one leg that is shorter than the other or other architectural irregularities may contribute to knee pain.
How To Get Rid Of GOUT PAIN (INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS) With Home Remedies
HOW TO TREAT GOUT ATTACK? FIND out the best home remedies for gout pain (inflammatory arthritis). Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of ...
Previous injury: If you have previously hurt your leg probabilities go up that you will injure it once again. Possibly because the knee was not given enough time to correctly heal or because the knee doesn't go back to the condition it was in prior to the injuries.
- Age: Some knee related disorders have an effect on young people more often than old, as an example Osgood-Schlatter disease or patellar tendonitis.
- Other conditions such as gout and osteoarthritis have a tendency to occur in older people.
An injury to the knee can impact the suspensory ligaments, tendonsOr bursa (fluid loaded sacs with the knee)or a combination of these areas of the knee.
Some of the Most Common Causes of Leg Pain are:
Bursitis - An inflammation that comes from pressure on the knee. The pressure may be coming from repeated overuse, kneeling for long periods of time or other damage.
- Tendonitis - Pain that occurs in the front of the knee.
- It usually gets worse when going up and down stairs.
- This is a common injury of skiers, athletes and cyclists.
Torn ligaments or cartilage - This injury can cause severe pain and lack of stability of the knee joint.
Strain or Sprain - A minor injury to the ligaments cause by sudden or unnatural twisting.
Hip Disorders - May Cause You to Feel Pain in the Knee Area.
Osteoarthritis - a condition affecting the joints characterized by pain and stiffness.
Gout - A metabolic disorder brought on by an accumulation of uric acid in the joints.
- As mentioned above knee pain responds well to be able to self care.
- Some of the things that you can do if you experience knee pain are:
Apply ice 15 minutes at a time, initially and about 4times a day thereafter until the pain subsides.
Rest and Avoid the Routines Which Contributed to the Initial Injury
Elevate your leg to bring down the swelling.
Over the Counter Medicines can Provide Pain Relieve from Pain.
Sleep with a pillow underneath the affected knee.
Gentle compression, such as by having an Ace bandage may reduce swelling and provide support
Is not always possible to prevent leg pain but there are some things that you can do to minimize the likelihood that knee problems will occur.
- Keep off excess weight.
- Maintaining a healthy weight will keep the knees from having to support over they were designed to support.
- Stay flexible.
- Weak muscles make you a lot more at risk of injuries of the legs.
- So do stretching exercises, everyday to keep up flexibility
Will not exercise when you have pain or you're tired. When you have chronic injuries consider switching to be able to sports or exercise that put less stress on your joints. For instance swimming instead of basketball.
- Get good fitting shoes.
- When shoes fit badly we may compensate in the hips and hips, leading to them to be misaligned and which makes them prone to injury.
Proper supplements: There are dietary supplements that can help the body keep the ligaments and joints lubricated, and actually help rebuild cartilage.
- Like Phosoplex' is a supplement that is recommended for osteoarthritis and joint pain.
- It is a powerful, all natural and safe solution for joint lubrication, pain relief and the rebuilding of healthy cartilage.
You stick to the over suggestions you will go a long way to be able to knockout knee pain before it begins.
About the author:Stephanie McIntyre and also Kamau Austin are usually health and fitness enthusiasts and advocates. They write on a regular basis on classic health and fitness tips at the Fit After Forty Website. See more useful health and fitness news and tips at...http://www.healthandfitnessvitality.com/blogs/fitnessblog.htm.