Natural Gout Remedy - A diet Low in Purines
Diet low in purines is a natural gout remedy that can greatly reduce the chances of you getting the disease. In the event that you already have gout, this diet will give you a natural fix for those excruciatingly painful gout episodes. It has been found that men are more likely to get gout, especially as they get older. It seems that the older we get the more we indulge in foods and beverages an excellent source of purines. In the process an excessive amount of uric acid in the bloodstream, known as hyperuricemia, builds up and leads to the disease.
When the sharp crystals form in the body they will find their way to the joints and this is what causes the pain. The kidneys job is to break down purines for elimination. If you have an excess, the kidneys cannot thoroughly break them all down and this will cause the uric acid levels to be high. Engaging in a diet low in purines is the key to be able to lowering the uric acid to a safer and lower level in order to avoid gout attacks. If you have gout, or are at high risk for the disease, there are some foods, high in purines, that you need to avoid.
Beef, Pork, Lamb, Fish as Well as Bacon are Very High in Purines.
Foods high in yeast should also be avoided. They include beer, bread and some alcoholic beverages. However if you are on a low purine diet, you can occasionally indulge in these, but moderately.
Certain instances vegetables, such as peas, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and mushrooms should be avoided as they can further aggravate the symptoms.
- Poultry is also an excellent source of purines.
- These include chicken, turkey as well as duck (white poultry).
Kidney and lima beans are also a no-no, in addition to cereal and breads made with whole grain.
You can safely incorporate some foods straight into your low purine diet (within reason).
Fruits and Fruit Juices
Tomatoes and green vegetables.
Fighting The good Fight against Arthritis Symptoms Managing your arthritis may feel impossible. Not only does it complicate a number of everyday tasks, but this can be excruciating. But as difficult as dealing with arthritis might seem, there are a number of things that can be done to help. This...
Breads Not Made With Yeast
Milk and products made with milk (butter as well as cheeses)
Coffee and tea.
- Gout sufferers, and the ones prone to develop the disease, should stay away from low carb diets.
- These diets are extremely an excellent source of purines because they consist of an abundance of meat and dark greens.
- This type of eating habits will simply aggravate an existing attack of gout.
- Gout has always been known as the "disease of kings" or the "rich man's disease".
- Only the wealthy could afford to eat like this on a regular basis.
Eating a Diet Low in Purines Has Great Health Benefits
So far as weight loss, it is actually a lot better than reduced carbohydrate diet because you will maintain your weight loss better. There are organic treatments which will help control or prevent gout; however, staying away from the list of foods high in purines will help with the signs and symptoms.
Are You or Someone You Care about Suffering from Gout?
Discover more information regarding Gout And also Minimizing Gout Symptoms at All About Gout at http://www.squidoo.com/all-about-gout.
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger's free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO ...
- Are you making the right choices for your health issues.
- Debbie has been researching natural health care treatments and remedies.
- In doing so, she has created relationships with certain experts and in suggesting their products may receive compensation.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.