Olive Leaf Tea for Gout
Gout is a form of arthritis which really means it causes joint pain. Usually gout sufferers experience terrible pain in the big toe but other areas may be affected as well. Gout occurs because there is an accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Eventually the concentration of uric acid is so great that crystals form and are transferred in the joints. Perhaps more alarmingly the actual crystals can also build up in the major organs of the body. So, if this of gout is felt it needs to be dealt with. All those crystals need to be eradicated before they can cause any organ damage.
Gout is a Serious Problem and Medical Attention Should be Sought (and Indeed Followed)
But there are ways to help the medics. Some herbal remedies for gout could be very effective in speeding along recovery. If you are taking medication its a good idea to let your physician know about any herbal solutions you take too.
- Since gout will be a build up of uric acid it would seem appropriate in order to find a way to reduce uric acid in the blood.
- One effective way is to promote urine production.
- When our bodies are in balance urine will take uric acid out of the body naturally.
- Therefore we produce more urine and indeed urinate more often we should be able to get rid of several excess uric acid.
- Makes sense doesn't it?
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...
- Firstly drinking plenty of water is crucial.
- A body which is dehydrated will not function properly and will not be able to flush the uric acid from the blood effectively.
Increasing Urine Production If You Take Some Form of Diuretic can Also be a Good Idea
Olive leaf has been taken as a diuretic since Biblical times so this is one leaf worth considering if you have gout. In 1993 a study In Japan figured drinking four cups of olive leaf tea a day for three weeks may increase urine production by up to 15%. Increased urine creation cuts down on the concentration of uric acid inside the blood which is the thing you really want to do if you have gout!
There is much more work that needs to be done on the possible benefits of olive leaf tea, but so far, all indications are very positive. There have been no major unwanted effects reported possibly which is great news. Though, since olive leaf has also been found to lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels it should be taken under medical supervision by those with low blood pressure and diabetes patients.
- Gout often runs in families so if you think you are at risk of suffering from gout, taking olive leaf tea or olive leaf extract might be a good idea.
- That way you may well stay away from this painful disorder.
- Taking the olive leaf in tea form seems the most sensible option as that way you also keep hydrated which is very important.
- The author is researching more olive leaf benefits and also all aspects of the olive fruit.
- See the website All That's Olive.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.