Understanding Gout and How to prevent Recurring Gout Attacks Ruining Your Health
Order to prevent gout you really need to understand gout. Here is a simple explanation of what it is and how you can stop recurring gout quite naturally, without resorting to drug-based medications, with their unpleasant side effects...
Understanding Gout Causes
The symptoms of gout are caused by urate crystals that have formed over time in your joints and associated tissue. So where do these kinds of uric acid come from? They are produced when you have higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your blood vessels. This condition is called 'hyperuricemia.'
- Okay, so where does the uric acid come from then?
- Uric acid is found naturally in all of us and is actually a byproduct of our body's own metabolization process.
- Our own kidneys normally process the excess uric acid and flushes it from the body via urine.
- Sometimes though, our kidneys aren't working to their fullest extent so that you end up with an excess of uric acid.
- Sometimes, your body is actually generating an excessive amount of uric acid for your renal system to deal with, even working with 100% efficiency.
- In either case you can end up with high acid levels in the blood, eventually leading to gout attacks.
Understanding Gout Treatment
So, how can you get rid of gout? Well, you can go the popular route which is to take anti-inflammatory drugs for the pain and irritation, plus, drugs to cut back the uric acid if so prescribed by your doctor. These can work for some people, but others realize that their nasty side effects tend to be as bad as, or a whole lot worse than, the pain of their gout.
But, apart from that, drug-based therapy only works whilst being taken. Once stopped, there is nothing to prevent recurring gout, unless you address the fundamental issues that can help trigger the conditions that give rise to high uric acid therefore gout attacks.
Foods to Control Gout Attacks
Food may be nearly as effective at controlling gout as medicine is, so it's important to watch what you eat if you've got gout. This health video from About.com will ...
Understanding the Underlying Issues
Typical issues that these drugs don't deal with are things such as; diet, weight, way of life issues, hypertension, dehydration, etc. These, and much more, can all aid trigger gout attacks. Take eating habits for example...
Instant Gout Remedy Together with Baking Soda Looking for instant gout pain relief? Then you ve come to the right place. Here, you ll discover how baking soda can bring almost immediate relief from gout pain without the need for drugs with their well-known side effects.Baking soda can bring...
Food contains normal chemical compounds known as 'purines.' These also occur in our bodies and kind a very important part of the metabolizing process. But as they breakdown in the course of this method, they produce uric acid. So if you eat foods that are high in purines, the chance of gout is much greater.
Understanding Natural Gout Remedies
One of the most important things to do is to avoid high purine foods. Typical foods to prevent are items like red meat, game, organ meat, poultry, fish, legumes, etc. Typical food you can eat are things like; green leafy vegetables, fruit, foods high in vitamin C, essential fatty acids, complex carbohydrates, and so on. And drink plenty of water in order to stay hydrated.
- And there are numerous other natural ways to take care of gout symptoms.
- For example you can use herbs, specific fruits, natural supplements, homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, acupressure, and so on.
- There are just too many to go into here.
But it is very important to address the underlying issues, because recurring gout attacks can eventually lead to permanent joint harm as well as kidney problems, such as excruciating kidney stones...
So next, to complete your understanding of gout so that you can prevent further attacks, please now go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com where you'll also discover a remarkably simple 2 hour gout remedy.