What is Uric Acid and Gout?
Gout is a disease characterized by elevated uric acid in blood, which leads to depositing of uric acid of sodium monourato joints. It is primarily the deposit that generates the secondary outbreaks of acute arthritis that so bother the patients.
Is important in order to know that not all people who are with the excessive rate of uric acid (hiperucemia) are suffering from gout (only 20% of hiperucemicos develop the disease). Most patients with gout is composed of adult men.
Congenital absence of a great enzymatic mechanism responsible for the particular excretion of uric acid by the kidneys. Without proper disposal, there is an increased concentration of acid in the blood;
- Excessive production of uric acid by the body due to a "defect" enzyme.
- In cases like this, one creates a large amount of uric acid and the kidneys can't eliminate it.
- This cause is less common.
Some medications such as diuretics and aspirin can lead to decreased renal excretion of uric acid.
Most cases the first sign is a swollen big toe accompanied by severe pain. The first crisis may last 3-10 days, and after this period the patient results in order to lead a normal life, which usually means that he did not seek immediate medical help.
- New crisis may arise months or years and make the same or other joints.
- Usually the crises of arthritis come in the lower limbs, but there may be disadvantages of any joint.
Without treatment, the interval between attacks tends to reduce and increase the intensity.
The patient who is not really can have their joints deformed and still have crystal build up monourato sodium in cartilage, tendons, and bursae articulacos.
How To lose weight With A Diet For Gout Have you ever slammed a car door on your fingers? Have you experienced the hot, searing, excruciating pain that shoots through your own hand, which radiates through your body, when you do this? For those who have then you have a small idea of what...
You can only make the diagnosis of gout in the first seizure if found uric acid crystals in joint fluid aspirated. Normally, you can not set before the diagnosis to rule out other possible causes. If the rate of uric acid is normal during the crisis, but still suspected of developing the disease, the physician should indicate a new strength within 2 weeks.
An X-Ray Examination can Help Set the Table.
- There is no cure for the final drop, given that the majority of cases are generated by faults in the elimination or output of uric acid.
- Since both are genetic causes, treatment is not definitive.
Usually diet and medications are indicated to decrease the rate of uric acid in the blood and thus stop attacks of gout.
Does protein diet lead to high uric acid and Gout? - Ms. Atraeyee Nihar Chandra
Protein takes a lot of water to digest and also time, if a person is dehydrated and high protein diet is consumed by a n individual that person is going to be ...
When in treatment, the levels are normal, the consumption of alcoholic beverages can be done without exaggeration;
- Do not eat seafood, kids, too much red meat, when uric acid levels tend to be high because you may trigger an attack.
- Under management of gout, these food types can be eaten without exaggeration.
Do not abandon the treatment because the uric acid level rises again leading to deformities of the joints.