Gout Info: Gout: Not just for Men
Gout, a form of arthritis that seems to be more common in men than in women, actually does not discriminate according to gender. Women can suffer from this painful condition, too, especially after menopausal. Some studies even suggest that there is a definite increase in women with gout, particularly among the aging female population. The exact reason for the rise of gout among women remains uncertain. An Increase in age, obesity, alcohol consumption, high blood pressure, and diuretic use have traditionally been associated with the risk of developing gout among women and men.
Some Facts Surrounding the Probability of Developing Gout Show Consistency
Men between the ages of 40 and 50 appear to be the top candidates. Women rarely show symptoms before menopause. Children and young adults are even less likely to be stricken with this painful disease. Heredity has a bearing on whether a person develops gout. Having a genetic predisposition makes up about about 18% of the cases.
Gout, is not just a disease for men. It is also in increasing numbers of women suffer from gout. Colcrys 0.6 mg tablets may be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout. Check out more gout information at http://www.colchicine.ca/
High Levels of Uric Acid are the Cause of Gout, an Extremely Painful Form of Arthritis
The excess acid crystallizes into needle sharp build up in the joints, usually at the bottom of the big toe. The uric acid can also form knobby, chalky mounds called tophi. Tophi can be reabsorbed back into the body if uric acid levels are reduced. Forty percent of the trial participants with tophi skilled a resolution of one or more of the lumpy deposits.
- Lesinurad is a URAT1 transporter inhibitor which boosts reduction of uric acid through the kidneys.
- Lesinurad is also active towards another important regulator of urate secretion, OAT4.
- OAT4 is thought to be responsible for the high uric acid levels in gouty arthritis patients whose condition is caused or worsened by diuretics.
Gout is a type of arthritic illness which occurs in your body's extremities such as the fingers, elbows, knees and toes. Uric acid is the cause of gout and when there is too much uric acid in the blood stream, crystal deposits kind in your joints which causes swelling, inflammation and excruciating pain.
Avant gout ~ une matinée en camargue ! Lien en barre d'info
Hey ! Voila la lien de la vidéo entière : https://youtu.be/aCcMKsgK-j8 Bisous.
Ardea Biosciences was the first to say prosperous clinical trials of its experimental gout drug RDEA594, also known as Lesinurad. Lesinurad's mechanism of action is different from that of the commonly prescribed xanthine oxidase inhibitors gout medications (such as allopurinol and febuxostat), which decrease the development of uric acid.
The old days gout sufferers used to have to drastically modify their diet to relieve and prevent gout symptoms. However modern day medicine has eliminated this kind of requirement. No matter medications however, it will help you to go through some diet restrictions so as to reduce your weight and the severity of the gout attacks.
- As you can see a diet for gout is a healthy diet, which can also help you to lose weight.
- The one thing that will give you the edge in Losing weight is to take action.
- Do it right now.
- You'll not lose weight if you don't start today:
- All but one of the doses showed that BCX4208 was superior to the placebo when taken with allopurinol.
- The BCX4208 doses evaluated in the study showed response rates ranging from 33% to be able to 49%, compared to 18% for those taking the placebo.
- You may be one of the thousands upon thousands of people who thought gout was a thing of the past.
- However, it is alive and well in today's overweight society.
- Obesity is one of the primary contributors which can result in this painful attack on your joints.
When you have seriously ill people who have no options, 40 percent is pretty good," said Dr. Michael Becker from the University of Chicago," author of the newest study, which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. "Gout can be a serious and disabling disease."
Other foods that are particularly high in purines are: Mackerel Herring dried espresso beans dried peas liver kidney anchovies
At this point, Lesinurad appears the more promising of the two gout medications, and the most likely to hit the market first. It outperformed BCX4208 in early clinical trials, and is farther in advance in the development and approval process. But individual responses in order to drugs vary, and gout patients will benefit from having two new approaches to relieving the symptoms of this painful condition.
- With this family history of gout, we are further oriented that this is usually passed down through the mother.
- Children have, thus, high risk to high levels of uric acid.
- I figured out to be able to do some research to comprehend gout a little better.
- I found out that small amounts of uric acid are common in our body system.
- Uric acid is actually a waste materials from dying cells dying.
- It likewise releases purines, which can also come from the food we eat.
- When excessive amount of uric acid is going in the blood, you are in a problem called hyperuricemia.
- Gout, for the information of those who have not yet experienced it, is an unexpected, excruciating, burning pain.
- It is usually coupled with swelling and redness in the affected area.
- Gout is considered to be more popular with the affluent people who developed the habit of having frequently while enjoying rich foods.
- Nevertheless, gout still affects people from all walks of life.
Discover the Top Ways to Lose Weight Fast.
One thing that we do know is that we have a larger aging population than in the past, and it continues to grow. The number of women who develop gout has doubled. Women need to consult with their doctors if they think that they are experiencing the pain of undiagnosed gout.. Because it has been traditionally associated with men and ageing, often women are not diagnosed as early as they could have been, postponing treatment. Colcrys 0.6mg tablets might be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout.
- As the number of women who have gout increases, there are other complications that can also arise.
- For instance, women with gout may be 39% more likely to have a heart attack according to some studies.
- However, the increase in the risk of heart attack for men with gout is far less.
The Avoidance of Alcohol is an Important Factor for You to Keep in Mind
Excess alcohol affects the removal of uric acid from your body. A gout attack supplemented with alcohol consumption will go bad very quickly, as hyperuricemia may appear. Ideally alcohol should be completely eliminated by just about all gout sufferers.
- With prolonged hyperuricemia due to unhealthy lifestyle, excessive amounts of uric acid are actually accumulated in the body.
- This then allows the uric acid to be able to crystallize as sodium urate in the joints.
- This is what triggers the unpleasant attack of gout.
- There are many low purine foods that can make up the majority of the diet for gout sufferers as well as the overweight.
- These include:
Where Possible These Foods Should be Avoided When Following a Diet for Gout
There are many other diet tips that can help to be able to minimize the occurrence of gout and help you lose weight while doing so. These are just a couple of suggestion which may help you. Again check with your doctor to make sure it is ok to use these tips.
- You are an avid meat eater you may find it hard to adjust to a virtually meat free diet.
- Consider tofu as a meat alternative.
- It has a rough texture and is filling like meat.
The Lesinurad study involved 208 gout patients who had high blood urate levels for at least 6 months, even while taking the gout drug allopurinol. Patients continued on allopurinol and were randomly assigned to receive either a placebo or lesinurad at doses of 200 mg, 400 mg, or 600 mg for four weeks.
All three groups who were given lesinurad showed significantly lower uric acid levels by the end of the month. The percentage of patients who achieved the target for uric acid levels after treatment was 28% in the placebo group, 71% in the 200 mg team, 76% in the 400 mg group, and 87% in the 600 mg group.
- By the way the information contained in this article is not medical advice, nor should it be taken as medical advice.
- It is made for informational purposes only.
- As always with a physical illness you should seek advice from your personal physician right away.
- Please! continue reading.
- Drinking a lot of water can have a positive effect on gout as water helps in the removal of uric acid which is what gout sufferers need.
- Furthermore, as you know water will help you to digest your food more thoroughly and help too flush the excess coming from your body.
Armed with these impressive new results, Savient Pharmaceuticals plans to amp up advertising of its new gout drug in the US and other countries. Up to now, their advertising efforts have largely been aimed at rheumatologists, but they now plan to expand their efforts to include primary care physicians. "This really right now is the foundation for our launch of phase 2 in to the primary care audience," said Savient Chief Executive Officer John Johnson.
Healthy Lifestyle Remains as the Best Way to Prevent Any Type of Disease and Illness
This article explains why the healthy living as gout prevention is still the best gout remedy of all. A number of relations in my loved ones are suffering from uric acid pain and gout. Since they have developed the habit of becoming aware of the foods they must avoid like purine rich foods and alcohol, we have grown to be conscious that there is the possibility that these family illnesses could be transferred to us, the children.
- You are overweight you are a prime candidate to get hit with a sever case of gout.
- This article will explain how to lose weight with a diet for gout.
Weight is an Issue that Needs to be Addressed
Excess weight puts extra stress on the joints and drastically increases the chance of gout and hyperuricemia. Sensible weight loss which avoids excess purines is the proper way for gout patients to lose weight without increasing the risk of illness. High protein diets can be dangerous as most protein comes from meat as well as fish. Also avoid low carbohydrate diets; instead maintaining a balance of various nutrition.
Krystexxa is not intended for use in the average gouty arthritis patient, most of which can be treated with more traditional gout medications such as Colcrys (generic colchicine) or Zyloprim (generic allopurinal). Currently, the new injectable gout drug costs about $5000 a month. It's hoped that gout patients who respond well to the treatment could at some point use cheaper gout drugs.
Low fibre breads and cereals 2. Vegetables 3. Fruit juice 4. Low fat cheese 5. Nuts 6. Peanut butter 7. Soups (without meat) 8. Strawberries 9. Dark berries.
- Do you eat a lot of meat, especially red meat?
- If you do it will help you to shed those extra pounds by restricting yourself to 6 oz of meat per day (preferably chicken or fish).
- In addition it'll reduce the chances of a gout attack occurring.
- This is due to the purines found in meats.
- If gout sufferers eat a lot of food that contains purines (a chemical) then uric acid can form, leading to gout.
Johnson says the pharmaceutical company "expects to see some acceleration inside sales" as a result of their increased target market. The organization is said to be disappointed in the $1.4 million bucks in net sales the gout medication generated in the first six months after receiving Food and drug administration approval.
More recently, shares of BioCryst Pharmaceuticals rose 12% upon the release of the results of its phase 2b randomized, double-blind, study with the investigational gout drug BCX4208. BCX4208 is really a novel enzyme inhibitor that acts upstream of xanthine oxidase in the purine metabolism pathway to reduce serum uric acid (sUA).
Its mechanism of action complements xanthine oxidase inhibitors such as allopurinol and febuxostat in reducing uric acid production, and BCX4208 is intended as an add-on therapy for those gouty osteoarthritis patients who do not respond well to current gout medication.
There is increased hope for the roughly 3% of chronic, severe gout sufferers who do not respond to current gout medications. Inside recent stage III trials of the new gout medication Krystexxa, an impressive 42% of refractory gout patients achieved statistically significant reductions in uric acid levels, as well as sustained them for six months. This particular exceeeded the target amount set for the study by the drug's manufacturer, Savient Pharmaceuticals. Compared, those gout patients in the trial that received a placebo saw no reduction in uric acid levels.
Krystexxa is Given Intravenously Over At Least Two Hours Every Two Weeks
The Food has warned that patients should be given a corticosteroid and antihistamine before infusions due to a high risk of allergic reaction. Other common side effects of Krystexxa are gout flare ups (which occurred in 80% of the recent trial participants), nausea and vomiting, chest pain, constipation, nasal irritation and bruising at the injection site.
- Two major American drug companies are racing to get rival new gout medications to market.
- Both gout drug treatments take novel approaches to treating refractory gout - gout that has not responded well to current treatment.
Alex Ray Advocates for Affordable Access to Healthcare and Medication
She recommends Big Mountain Drugs as a reliable online Canadian pharmacy from which to buy allopurinol and colchicine for gout. For more information about gout and gout medication, go to the online source www.colchicine.ca.
Like Lesinurad, BCX4208 was studied in gouty arthritis patients who had experienced high blood urate levels for at least 6 months, despite taking the gout drug allopurinol. The 279 study participants were randomly assigned to take BCX4208 at doses of either 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, or 40 mg once daily for 12 weeks. One group of patients was given a placebo. Almost all participants were also given allopurinal 300 mg once-daily.
Krystexxa (generic name plegloticase) was FDA approved in 2010 based on earlier clinical trials. The new gout treatment, which is administered by intravenous infusion, is derived from an animal hormone. The pegloticase mechanism of action is different than that of other gout drugs - it converts uric acid to a nontoxic byproduct that is easily excreted in the urine.
Some people who have chronically high blood levels of urate (commonly referred to as uric acid) will go on to develop gout, but not everyone. In fact, up to roughly 2/3 of the population who have higher levels of urate do not become victims of gout. Why? No one really knows for sure. Could for women who live less tolerance for higher levels of uric acid since before menopause their levels are generally much lower? Once again, the jury is out on this one.
- Have you ever slammed a car door on your fingers?
- Have you experienced the hot, searing, excruciating pain that shoots through the hand, which radiates through your whole body, when you do this?
- For those who have then you have a small idea of what gout suffers go through for hours at a time.
- To prevent getting sick from the symptoms of gout, it becomes imperative to lower one's uric acid levels in the body.
- This can be done with healthy lifestyle.
- Furthermore, your doctor can assist you with a blood test to identify your serum uric acid level.
- Sometimes, a kind of medication is needed to decrease the levels of uric acid.
- But changing the bad lifestyle habits remains as the best way to avoid gout episodes.
You are on the heavy side and your body fat is above the ideal, you are up to four times more likely to get gout in the future compared to someone with normal weight. Keeping the ideal weight will not only prevent you from gout but will also lower the risk of a heart disease and more stable blood pressure. For the future, researches are now trying to identify the link between high levels of uric acid and other health problems like heart disease and hypertension. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle remains the best option to prevent each one of these diseases.
Alex Ray Advocates for Affordable Access to Healthcare and Medication
She recommends Big Mountain Drugs as a reliable online Canadian pharmacy from which to buy colchicine and allopurinol regarding gout. For more information about gout and gout medication, visit the online resource www.colchicine.ca.