Remedy For Gout: A Few Important and Useful Facts on Colchicine
Until a few days back, gouty arthritis was a disease that was common amongst people beyond the age group of 50 approximately. However, it is quite an alarming fact that the ailments is spreading like a bonfire amongst the youth also. The prime reason leading to this kind of a situation is the lifestyle that man leads today. As everyone knows, gout is a result of the increase in the level of uric acid in human blood. This acid accumulates in the joints and form crystals, which have an inflammatory and painful effect on the affected portion. This particular acid comes from the intake of junk food and meats items like the mind and liver. Today's youth, is however dependent on such food items rather than normal diet programs. However, it is not tough to get rid of this disease. Generic Colchicine is the miracle drug that can eradicate gout looking at the roots. let us know a few facts about it.
Who Participated in the Questionnaire
During the 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month study in April, approximately 1,350 people living with some form of joint disease or joint pain problems participated in the online survey. Respondents came from all over the country, including California, New York, Sarasota, Illinois, Texas, and many other states. Here is a dysfunction of the type of arthritis respondents said they have:
- There can be a great divide in the way men and women connect, which includes listening," said Mr.
- Elsafy. "Many times, just listening can lead to the ability to create an environment that offers more support and awareness."
- Again, different people have different responses to different foods.
- Beside, you should not discount the truth that tomatoes are beneficial as a good source of Vitamin c, which helps lessen uric acid crystallization.
The combination of physical capabilities and hereditary compositions differ from one person to another, hence some people may react differently for each type of cure.
Oily Fish Have Better Benefits Compared to Other Meat Products
Eating oily fish like sardines, sardines, kippers, mackerel, pilchards and tuna twice in a week but only in small portions, help reduce gout swelling. This is due to the fact that oily fish and cod liver oil contain omega 3 fatty acids which has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Uloric had been examined in clinical trials involving more than 4,000 people.
- The most common side effects reported were liver function abnormalities, nausea, joint pain and rash.
- Facts: There aren't any definite natural home remedies for gout to prevent gout discomfort from recurring.
- No matter how many people claim that this understanding that home remedy took away their gout pains for good, this is not at all true.
- Different treatments have different effects on different people.
- This is one reason why until now, there still is no particular cure for gout and gout pains.
Flexcin feels a strong support system can significantly help a person coping with degenerative joints," added Mr. Elsafy. "It's important for other people to be aware of particular issues arthritis sufferers deal with on a day-to-day basis to increase the amount of support offered."
Flexcin conducted a national survey all through April in order to find out how aware a person's support network is actually when they have arthritis.
Flexcin International, which makes CM8-based degenerative joint supplements for people and pets, is constantly working with many of these people to help make their lives better. As part of being a proceeds sponsor 0f the Arthritis Basis, and in preparation for Arthritis Awareness Month in May, Flexcin was curious to know the level of awareness and support from all the people who touch someone living with arthritis.
How to Treat
When you are having a serious gout attack, you would need to start with a tablet of 1.0 or even 1.2 mg first and later at regular intervals of an hour or two, a tablet of 0.5 to 0.6 mgs is to be taken. This must continue till complete relief is achieved. However, if a point is reached when one is affected by diarrhea, the consumption of the drug must be stopped.
Has been well-documented that in certain jobs, people actually spend more time with co-workers than they do their own actual family in a given week," said Mr. Elsafy. "This closeness and bond that develops among co-workers may carry over to be able to areas such as helping others in a variety of life situations such as having arthritis."
The drug pegloticase (Puricase) may help gout patients who have had no luck with other treatments, according to researchers who studied 212 patients who had run out of treatment options.
- Gout is a form of joint disease due to the buildup of uric acid crystals in a number of joints.
- Uric acid is a byproduct that is produced when certain foods containing purines tend to be metabolized.
- While uric acid normally is excreted through the renal system into the urine, people who have gout have an accumulation of uric acid in the joints.
- This causes a good inflammatory reaction leading to pain and swelling in the affected joints.
Chrisanne is a Marketing Director At Flexcin International, Inc
Flexcin & FlexPet tend to be all-natural Joint Dietary supplements. The primary component of Flexcin & FlexPet is CM8, which relieves combined discomfort at its source, reduces swelling and irritation of the joints and tissues. It has been helpful for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sports activities injuries and fibromyalgia.
As a rule, home remedies for gout aren't discouraged because there are some cases that they were highly effective. However, medical researchers have a reason to believe that the physiology of certain individuals contribute largely in creating a positive or negative response to these home remedies for gout.
Clinical tests try to get to home remedies for gout that will produce benefits to a great number of people, who are more or less in the same levels of body condition and metabolic compositions.
- Not treated, a gout attack may last for days or even weeks.
- With increased attacks, more important joints can become affected, and the attacks will last longer.
- Pegloticase was successful in treating 40 percent of patients.
- Successful treatment was defined as having uric acid readings within the normal range at least 80 percent of the time in months three and six.
- An increased risk for gout comes with eating foods rich in purines.
- Examples are: salmon, sardines, organ meats, asparagus, mushrooms as well as herring.
Cider Vinegar, Selenium, as Well as Molasses are Also Effective Gout Remedies
The consequences of these remedies have been touted as placebo effects or mind over matter results. They have also been cited as causes for allergies, for this reason it is not generally recommended as gout remedy.
Gout Attacks Continue for Several Years, Someone May Develop Tophi
These are uric acid crystals that kind lumps under the skin. Tophi usually occur on the toes, fingers, hands as well as elbows. A patient may also develop kidney disease or kidney stones from uric acid crystals that collect in the urinary tract.
- So much has been said and written about home remedies for gout, it may often lead people into confusion as to what is true and what is not.
- Let us tackle some matters about gout and separate each fact in the fallacy:
Gout Home Remedies - How to cure Gout at home
Using these natural home remedies you can get rid of Gout. Read more at http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-gout.html ...
Losing Weight can Make a Gout Sufferer Handle His or Her Gout Attacks Better
Losing weight means lessening the pressure in your joints while suffering from gout pains. Losing weight may also mean that the levels of your uric acid may have gone down. Still, losing weight does not mean you are totally free from gout and may still knowledge gout attacks from time to time.
- Patients should maintain proper pounds.
- Other co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes should be treated.
When you take all of this into account, that 50 million number is easily multiplied several times over," said Tamer Elsafy, CEO and founder of Flexcin. "In truth, it would probably be very difficult to find someone who doesn't know one person who has some form of arthritis."
- Aubergines or even eggplants, tomatoes and red peppers can cause gout attacks.
- There is no general evidence in support of this.
- Although some people may have experienced gout attacks in order to these foods as an allergic reaction but only in isolated or rare cases.
Co-Workers Much More Supportive Than Family
Another interesting aspect of the 2011 Arthritis Attention survey was to determine the level of support and awareness provided by various groups of people, including spouses, family members, household members and co-workers. The majority of survey participants believe co-workers offer a lot more support and awareness compared with other family members. More than half (56.3%) said they feel co-workers offer a higher level of support and general awareness compared to that of family members.
Some Precautionary Measures
Just like any other drug, Colchicine also has its own side effects. However, one can rest assured that most of these side effects aren't very serious and can be cured gradually. One will have to adhere to a few precautionary methods, while consuming Colchicine. A pregnant woman should never be treated with this particular drug. It might just have a very adverse effect on the fetus.
- The patients who were primarily men with an average age of 55 years, had a significantly better response to pegloticase than to placebo.
- Also, much more of the patients who took the drug had much more complete resolution of tophi.
- The patients who took pegloticase also noticed improved physical function.
But in Looking At the Larger Picture, Arthritis Impacts a Much Larger Population of People
Consider all the spouses, siblings, children, partners, neighbors, co-workers, friends and other extended family members who all share a part in helping, helping or simply supporting someone living with arthritis.
Some Cancer Drugs
Pyrazinamide, a drug used to treat tuberculosis Symptoms of gout usually occur all of a sudden and often begin at night. The big toe joint is a favorite target. However, other joints such as the feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists can be affected. The joint(s) become red, hot and swollen. The pain can be intense.
- Andrew Greens is one of the most adept writers on gouty arthritis, and also the drug that cures it, i.e.
- Generic Colchicine.
- He or she suggests his readers to see BlueSkyDrugs.com/Product/Colcrys for further information.
Uloric works by blocking an enzyme called xanthine oxidase, which helps prevent uric acid production, decreasing raised uric acid levels.
Gout is more common in people who are overweight, consume excessive amounts of alcohol or who have high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure. Males develop gout more often than women. Women are more likely to develop gout after menopause. Gout also tends to run in families.
Affecting more than 50 million Americans, arthritis is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Clearly, arthritis is a problem for many people living with a variety of forms of the disease, such as gout, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid joint disease, Psoriatic arthritis, etc. With May serving as 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month, there is higher awareness on the issues surrounding arthritis.
- Probenicid is a drug that triggers someone to urinate out more uric acid.
- It is effective in younger patients who expel normal amounts of uric acid in the urine and who have normal kidney function.
Patients Should be Counseled to Avoid Alcohol and Foods that are High in Purines
Medicines can prevent future gout attacks. Medicines are divided into two groups. Non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDS) as well as colchicines are drugs that can abort a serious attack. It doesn't lower the amount of uric acid in the system.
The second group of medications may lower the amount of uric acid in the blood and also reduce the amount of uric acid in the joints and kidneys.
- Forms The 0.5 as well as 0.6 milligrams tablets of Colchicine tend to be its most popular forms.
- Nonetheless, the intravenous forms are also available, but aren't in much use as this form will have serious toxic effects on the individual.
Level of Awareness Within the Household
Spouses and family members play an integral role in helping people with arthritis get through each day. Sometimes, just being aware and sensitive to the fact that a person is dealing with a painful bout of arthritis can make a significant difference in their quality of life on a particular day. In the survey, 67.4% of respondents said other members of the household will never be aware of their arthritis, or just sometimes conscious. What's more, 64.4% of respondents said others in the family never take an interest in their daily issues with arthritis, or simply every now and then. This could take the form of asking questions to learn more or be more aware, reading on what it's like to have arthritis, or generally making a person's life easier through alter.
The patients were randomly assigned to receive 6 months of intravenous treatment with either pegloticase or a placebo. One group of patients received 8 milligrams of pegloticase every two weeks, another group received 8 milligrams of pegloticase each and every four weeks, and a third group acquired the placebo.
The 2011 Arthritis Awareness Month survey had been open to anyone suffering from any form of arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus or other joint-related pain, illness or disability. The purpose was to get a better picture of what type of support people receive while they are dealing with the disease. Results from the twelve-question study will help paint a picture between men and women handling arthritis, and the level of support they receive on any given day. Flexcin will also use the results to create additional awareness for arthritis and joint-pain related issues.
Other Joint Pain: 11.9%
Women Receive Less Assistance Than Men Through the responses, the most important and notable item was feedback received from women and men who feel they receive a different level of support as well as awareness from each other. The majority of women (78.3%) said they feel like they receive very little support when it comes to basic awareness of issues involving their arthritis. Conversely, most men said they are satisfied with the level of support and awareness they receive (65.6%) through family.
- Fallacies Eating citrus fruit fruits can cause gout attacks.
- Food substances have different types of acid, therefore, there is no medical support to the claim that citrus acid triggers gout attacks.
- Allopurinol is really a medicine that reduces the metabolism of uric acid from purines.
- It is effective but offers much potential toxicity.
Medicines that can cause gout include: Fluid pills used to treat high blood pressure Niacin (a B-complex vitamin) Low doses of aspirin Cyclosporine, a medication used to avoid the body from rejecting a new organ after transplant surgery
- Green lipped mussels as well as seaweeds can be beneficial as gout remedies.
- This is most likely true in isolated cases but not as a general treatment, since there is no medical evidence to support this.
- Patients who took pegloticase had more severe adverse side effects than those who took the placebo.
- This may limit the effectiveness of the drug to more severe cases.
According to the Arthritis Foundation:
Today, one in five Americans is living with the pain of arthritis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects that by the year 2030, an estimated 67 million people in the U.S. will be affected by arthritis, up from current estimates of 50 million. Even more alarming is the fact that the prevalence of osteoarthritis, the most common type of arthritis, continues to rise even though it can often be prevented by staying active through pleasant physical activities such as walking.
- Gout-friendly diet is one that includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and only a portion of meat, oily fish and chicken meat.
- This is the basic gout diet.
- Fad diet programs highly publicized in magazines as well as books as the latest wonders should not be gobbled up as well easily.
- Again, different strokes for different folks.
History The meadow salfron and also the autumn crocus are the common names of Colchicum autumnale, whose seeds tend to be dried to derive Colchicine from them. Its use dates back to the 19th century i.e. 1810. Colchicum is basically an alkaloid.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of treatments and gout treatment. Understand how you can have instant gout relief using proven natural home remedies, all without resorting to harmful medications or drugs. Visit his site today at http://www.goutremoval.com.
Can End Up Being Used for Chronic Gout
Those who experience gout attack, only once or so a year, can do with consuming just a single 0.5 or 0.6 mg tablet 3 times or four times on a weekly basis. However, if the attacks are more frequent, you would need to the drug is to be taken daily. Thus, the frequency of the drug intake would go up with the severity of the condition.
New drug, febuxostat (Uloric) is the first new treatment option to be approved by the FDA in more than four decades. The FDA approved the drug in 40 mg. as well as 80 mg. strengths. Takeda, the company that developed the drug, initially requested approval for 80 mg. and 120 mg versions, but the agency had been concerned about possible cardiovascular side effects stemming from the higher doses.
- Xanthine oxidase is the same molecule that allopurionol works on but Uloric apparently has many fewer side effects.
- In several clinical trials, febuxostat was more effective than both placebo and allopurinol.
Moreover, people suffering from gastrointestinal illnesses, cardiac problems or those who are hypersensitive to these drugs should stay away from Colchicine.
- Not a Painkiller It should be used only to treat gouty arthritis and not any other form of irritation or pain.
- It is not a painkiller; neither can it completely get rid of uric acid from the body.
Arthritis, Osteoarthritis arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis: 65.2% Rheumatoid arthritis: 19.6% Gout or even pseudogout: 3.3%
Nathan Wei, MD FACP FACR is a nationally known board-certified rheumatologist. For more info: Arthritis" http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/arthritis-treatment.html" Arthritis Treatment and Tendonitis Remedy Tips.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.